Galleria O. was founded in Rome in 2009 by Roberto Giustini, Rossella Peruzzi and Stefano Stagetti. The gallery works with Italian design of the twentieth century as well as international contemporary design. The gallery focuses on historical design from 1930 to 1970, primarily concentrating on the work of Gio Ponti, Fontana Arte and Ettore Sottsass.
For the contemporary design projects, the gallery invites the designers to re-think Italian traditions – traditional, artistic, hand-crafted – to develop new works. One example of these projects is the Brazilian Baroque Collection by Fernando and Humberto Campana. This series reinterprets Roman baroque through the unaffected Brazilian glance.
Galleria O. collaborates with museums and public institutions to promote their artists and designers.